What can you use this training for?
Anything that you would use acupuncture for but with the added benefit of including the properties of the essential oils. Clinical trials in acupuncture indicate that acupuncture therapy can be effective as a supplemental treatment in the following conditions in horses:
- musculoskeletal problems: muscle soreness, back pain, neck pain, osteoarthritis, degenerative joint disease, obscure lameness, laminitis
- gastrointestinal disorders: diarrhea, impaction, chronic colic, gastric ulceration
- neurological disorders: EPM, laryngeal hemiplegia, facial and radial nerve paresis, poor coordination
- other chronic conditions: heaves (COPD, RAO, asthma), anhidrosis, uveitis, behavioral problems, Cushing's disease, hypo- or hyperthyroidism, infertility, renal failure, geriatric weakness, skin problems
- performance enhancement and prevention of disease
- inducing calming and relaxing state in the horse
- failure to thrive
How effective will you be?
I have personally experienced that combining essential oils with acupuncture points is profoundly more effective than needles alone. Your horse will absolutely love it plus it opens up the possibility of you working directly with your own horse is a deep, profound way.
Can you learn this?
The great element of Horses and Healing Oils is you can start small and still be very effective. Start with just a few oils and points to begin and grow as your skills, knowledge and confidence deepen. Whether you are an acupuncturist, body worker, vet, healer or an "informal healer" in your barn or community, YES, you can do this.
How do you become certified so you can work on other horses than your own?
I am currently working on a certification course for Horses and Healing Oils (the combination of acupoints and essential oils on horses). If you are interested in pursuing this path, please drop me an email at [email protected] so we can discuss your options.